Mag-Filer allows for emailing of forms. Be aware you must first have recipient consent before you can implement the emailing of forms. Below is an excerpt from publication i1099gi about electronic recipient statements.
Electronic recipient statements. If you are required to furnish a written statement (Copy B or an acceptable substitute) to a recipient, then you may generally furnish the statement electronically instead of on paper, but only if you meet the requirements discussed later in this section. This includes furnishing the statement to recipients of Forms 1097-BTC, 1098, 1098-E, 1098-F, 1098-Q, 1098-T, 1099-A, 1099-B, 1099-C, 1099-CAP, 1099-DIV, 1099-G, 1099-INT, 1099-K, 1099-LS, 1099-LTC, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-OID, 1099-PATR, 1099-Q, 1099-QA, 1099-R, 1099-S, 1099-SA, 1099-SB, 3921, 3922, 5498, 5498-ESA, 5498-QA, and 5498-SA. Also, it includes Form W-2G (except for horse and dog racing, jai alai, sweepstakes, wagering pools, and lotteries).
Until further guidance is issued to the contrary, Form 1098-C may not be furnished electronically.
If you meet the requirements that follow, you are treated as furnishing the statement.
Consent. The recipient must consent in the affirmative and not have withdrawn the consent before the statement is furnished. The consent by the recipient must be made electronically in a way that shows that he or she can access the statement in the electronic format in which it will be furnished. You must notify the recipient of any hardware or software changes prior to furnishing the statement. A new consent to receive the statement electronically is required after the new hardware or software is put into service. Prior to furnishing the statements electronically, you must provide the recipient a statement with the following statements prominently displayed.
• If the recipient does not consent to receive the statement electronically, a paper copy will be provided.
• The scope and duration of the consent. For example, whether the consent applies to every year the statement is furnished or only for the statement for a particular year, as applicable, immediately following the date of the consent.
• How to obtain a paper copy after giving consent.
• How to withdraw the consent. The consent may be withdrawn at any time by furnishing the withdrawal in writing (electronically or on paper) to the person whose name appears on the statement. Also confirmation of the withdrawal will be in writing (electronically or on paper).
• Notice of termination. The notice must state under what conditions the statements will no longer be furnished to the recipient.
• Procedures to update the recipient's information.
• A description of the hardware and software required to access, print, and retain a statement, and a date the statement will no longer be available on the website.