QuickBooks versions 2014 - 2019 Instructions
1. Open your QuickBooks Company. You must be in single user mode and have administrator rights.
2. Click Employees, then select Payroll Tax Forms and W-2s, click Process Payroll Forms and select Form type – Federal form, and click OK.
3. At the Select a Payroll Form or File Forms window, choose Annual Form W-2/W-3 Wage and Tax Statement/transmittal click Create Form.
4. Select Filing Period year, and click OK or File Form.
5. Select Employees for Form W-2/W-3 (Review/Edit if necessary) and click Print/E-file.
a. At the Print/E-File Form window, 1. Print, click Print or Efile Forms.
b. Make the following selections at the Print W-2 and W-3 forms window:
Check and see if you have the option to Print or Print PDF
- Select paper –Choose Blank/Perforated paper.
- Select item to print: For government, W-2 – Copy A: for the Social Security Administration, 2 per page.
6. After choosing Print PDF, forms will display using your Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click File, then Save As, saving your file to a location for importing the pdf file into MAG-FILER.
You may need administrative rights in order to write the file to a different location or pdf files may be sent to the desktop or flash drive.
7. The program should take you back to the Print W-2 and W-3 forms window after the file has been created. Exit (minimize if more files to create) QuickBooks and Open MAGFILER.