I you have filed a 1099 that should not have been E-filed the proper way to correct that is to send a void.

  1. Make sure you are on the latest version of the program. Once you are on the latest you can select the payee you need to void. 
  2. Enter $0 in any fields with dollar amounts currently in them. 
  3. Then save
  4. The program should say this has been e-filed are you trying to make a correction.
  5. Select “yes”.  Create your e-file you select “Corrected/2nd” in the what to file section of the window. 
  6. On the IRS you will upload the file as a correction.