I you have filed a 1099 that should not have been E-filed the proper way to correct that is to send a void.
- Make sure you are on the latest version of the program. Once you are on the latest you can select the payee you need to void.
- Enter $0 in any fields with dollar amounts currently in them.
- Then save
- The program should say this has been e-filed are you trying to make a correction.
- Select “yes”. Create your e-file you select “Corrected/2nd” in the what to file section of the window.
- On the IRS you will upload the file as a correction.